A Southern Grace: mesquite treat #RealFlavorRealFast

April 21, 2016

mesquite treat #RealFlavorRealFast

Yum

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias

I've been known to complain from time to time, about everything from the rain to terrible drivers to the ever-present dog hair on my clothes. One thing about which I never need to gripe again is the time and effort it takes to marinate my pork loin--Smithfield® has taken care of that!


If you're like me and looking for real flavor real fast, give Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork a try! With these products (of which there are many varieties!), it's easy to put together a fully nutritious and delicious meal in 30 minutes or less. You can grill, roast, or saute them, and any leftovers can be re-purposed the next day as quesadillas or simply between two pieces of bread and topped with barbecue sauce and coleslaw.


They recently opened a Walmart right down the road from our house, and I'm delighted. It was the perfect place to get my Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork, as well as the frozen corn and lima beans I'd be needing for my side of succotash. If I'm being honest, it took longer to breeze in and out of the store as it did to get this meal into the oven! I almost felt guilty that the meal was so easy to prepare, but the flavors were so awesome, no one would ever know how little effort was involved!


Helpful video alert! Helpful video alert!


If you anticipate being pressed for time (or even if you don't!), swing by Walmart and pick up some Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork. There are many flavor options--like Applewood Smoked Bacon Filet, Golden Rotisserie Sirloin, and Peppercorn Garlic Tenderloin, to name a few--so you can tailor the rest of your meal around which one you decide to get! If your well of creativity is running dry, I'd be absolutely flattered if you gave this recipe a try. The mesquite flavor of the pork is evident and awesome, the meat practically melts in your mouth, and my succotash turned out really well!

Smithfield® Mesquite Pork Filet with Roasted Succotash
(printable recipe)
Serves 4-6
Ingredients:
  • 1 Smithfield® Mesquite Pork Filet
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
  • 2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
  • 2 teaspoons dried thyme or 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
  • 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
  • Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
  • Fresh lime juice
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil.
Season the Smithfield® Mesquite Pork Filet with salt and pepper, then sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
Add the corn kernels, lima beans, and thyme.
Toss well and bake until the corn develops nice color and the pork reaches an internal temperature of 130 degrees F, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and take out the pork to rest on a cutting board.
Add the tomatoes and cilantro to the succotash and toss well to combine.
Season with salt, pepper, sugar, and fresh lime juice, to taste.
Slice the pork and serve with the succotash on the side.


For more information about Smithfield® pork products, visit their Facebook page or check them out on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

16 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

That looks really succulent and delicious!!

Pam said...

It looks juicy and delicious!

Gloria Baker said...

Look delicious Grace :)

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

Sounds wonderful. Husband would be a fan of that meal!

Cheri Savory Spoon said...

Hi Grace, my husband would love this, looks moist and delicious!

Healthoop said...

Delicious! I like your recipe. It looks nice! ^^ Thanks!

Unknown said...

I’m sucha s cuker for meat...! Love your recipe! Gonna give it a try soon!

All That I'm Eating said...

Sounds delicious, always good to have leftovers too!

David @ Spicedblog.com said...

I'm all about mesquite flavored anything and everything in the summer, and this sounds like an excellent weeknight meal. Count me in! #client

Pam said...

It looks and sounds really delicious, Grace and would be a hit here.

Nine To Five with Deedoubleyou said...

Wow!! I usually try not to eat a lot of pork but I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks for post. How do you find companies to post about or do they reach out to you?

Królowa Karo said...

This dish looks very interesting.

Inger @ Art of Natural Living said...

Looks delicious! Yes, sometimes my pork turns out tough--and I expect this would cure that...

Marjie said...

Pre-marinated sounds wonderful! I hope you had a splendid wedding day, too!

Marcelle said...

This dinner is right up my family's alley! Looks great! 😀

Katerina said...

What a delicious meal! I love all the flavors in this!